Canadian border @ Beecher’s Falls to North Woodstock, NH
Friday, June 21, 2019
~ 90 miles – elevation gain 4,738′
Three-Day Ride Details
Our ride starts at the Canadian-NH border of Beecher’s Falls near Colebrook, NH, on Friday, June 21, 2019. Because it’s a point-to-point ride, we provide transportation for riders, their luggage and bicycles, from Portsmouth, NH (the site of our finish line) to Canaan, VT the day before the ride, on Thursday, June 20, 2019.
Transportation to Canaan, VT
- Riders should arrive by 9:30 AM, at the Cisco Brewers Pub (formerly Red Hook Brewery) at the Pease Tradeport in Portsmouth, to check in and get their bikes and luggage loaded for the 11 a.m. bus departure.
- You may leave your car over the weekend in the Cisco parking lot. Please park in the lot behind the building (ask TNHBR staff for exact location).
- Those riders who do not take the bus may register in Canaan between 3:30 and 5 p.m. at Jackson’s Lodge.
- Dinner will be available for riders staying at Jackson’s Lodge – the cost should be ~$15.
- Breakfast on Friday morning will be available for those riders staying at Jackson’s Lodge – cost should be less than $10.
While three-day riders are responsible for the cost of lodging on Thursday evening, the ride organizers have negotiated a fixed rate ($45) and will make reservations – riders just need to let us know when they register that they want to stay at Jackson’s Lodge. You will pay for the room when you check in and get your room key.
Day 1 Itinerary
5:00 a.m. Breakfast at Jackson’s Lodge for riders who stayed there. Luggage should be left and the luggage truck will pick it up.
6:15 a.m. Buses depart for the starting point.
6:30 a.m. All riders arrive at the Ethan Allen parking lot in Canaan, VT and prepare for departure. Roll call will happen before the official start.
7:30 a.m. Official start – 32nd Annual Trans NH Bike Ride.
Route maps will be available for riders at the start and the route will be well marked by TNHBR staff.
Three-day riders must check in with the ride staff at the Woodwards Resort in Lincoln upon their arrival in order to get their room keys. Massage therapists will be on hand to provide massages to all riders on a first-come, first-serve basis.
6:00 p.m. Spaghetti dinner will be provided by Lincoln and Woodstock Fire at the hotel.
5:00 – 8:30 pm Two-day riders should check in with TNHBR staff at the Woodwards Resort. Two-day riders who wish to join the group for dinner are welcome to do so at a nominal fee ($7).